Manuel Escamilla, MEng Civil & Structural Engineer, M. ASCE – SEI, working for CFCSL since 2007 and for CALTROP-CFC since 2012, has been awarded with the 2014 “Young Professional” Award, conceded by ALE Heavylift.
The Award Ceremony will take place in the Ritz Hotel (Madrid, Spain) on Feb, 27th 2015.
With a Master Degree on Civil and Structural Engineering by the University of Granada (Spain) obtained in 2001, Manuel Escamilla has been involved in the following Projects (among others):
– Seville’s Line-1 Subway (Spain, 2005-2007).
– Archidona and Santa Ana High Speed Railway Viaducts (Spain, 2010-2011)
– Forth Replacement Bridge. Steelworks QA Project Manager (UK-China-Spain, 2012)
– New “Bay of Cadiz” Bridge (Spain, 2007-2013), as Design Team’s Representative on site (Project Designed by CFCSL).
– Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project. Cable-Stayed Bridge Expert for the CALTROP’s QA Team, reporting to CALTRANS (Long Beach – CA – USA, since 2013).
– River Tagus Viaduct for the Spain-Portugal High Speed Railway (Spain, since 2013) as Design Team’s Representative on site (Project Designed by CFCSL).
(River Tagus Viaduct for the Spain-Portugal High Speed Railway, Designed by CFCSL. Manuel Escamilla is Design Team’s Representative on site)
In addition to that, Manuel Escamilla is also an entrepreneur, having created Escamilla Ingeniería, Ltd. and Pontem Engineering Services, Ltd., companies dedicated to the Design, QA and Technical Support of Civil and Structural Engineering Projects.
Associate Professor at the Applied Mechanics and Industrial Design Department of the University of Cadiz (2009 – 2012), is elected member of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers), SEI (Structural Engineering Institute) and IABSE (International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering), having participated in various Working Groups. Some of his latest papers are:
– “Steel and composite bridges for high speed rail: Advanced solutions for challenging designs” American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) Symposium, Toronto 2014 .
– “Bridge over Cadiz Bay”. International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) Zürich, Switzerland.
ALE, one of the biggest international heavy transportation and lifting contractors, with a global network of operating centres and a large fleet of heavy cranes, specialist transport and installation equipment, has awarded Manuel Escamilla as 2014 “Young Professional”.
Among many other Projects, ALE has developed the heavy-lifting Works for the 1180 m-long New “Bay of Cadiz” Cable-Stayed Bridge, whose composite deck has been fabricated using steel segments with weights from 150 to 405 t. The 20 m-long, 2.7 m high and 34.2 m-wide deck segments and their correspondent precast reinforced concrete slabs are being lifted using two ALE’s 50 m-long self-launched lifting travelers per pylon.